Monday, June 29, 2026

Sunset with a Stranger

As I sit here, I realize I crave two things that seem to contradict each other: connection and silence.

Tonight, during the sunset, I shared a quiet moment with a stranger.

White, bearded, ginger-ish, tattoos running down his leg, a backwards cap. We sat a few feet apart, both facing the horizon as the sun slowly disappeared into the ocean. We never exchanged names. We never spoke. Somehow, that silence was exactly what I needed.


Every so often, I’d steal a glance, hoping our eyes would meet. They did. A small nod. A brief smile. Then we’d both turn back toward the sunset, as if we had silently agreed that the moment deserved our full attention more than conversation ever could.


For a while, I simply breathed.


I listened to the waves crashing against the rocks. I felt the warmth of the fading sun on my skin. My mind wandered, anxious one moment and still the next. It wasn’t perfect peace, but it was presence. And maybe that’s what being present actually looks like, not the absence of thoughts, but choosing to stay anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment